Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hump Day!

Today is Wednesday. Happy Hump Day to all!

Yesterday Erich and I watched Maria's kids for her, since it was her boyfriends birthday, and she was excited to go out. Erich was a little nervous, I think, because they were 2 and 4. Before we went in, Erich and I had a conversation about how Erich wanted kids, and so did I, but when we were ready, and not before then. He truly is excited about having children-and I think that having someone who wants my kids is probably the greatest compliment that can be given.

So anyways, we stopped off, and grabbed some Coldstone. GOOD STUFF. *drool*

Maria and Aaron left. The kids eyed us and we eyed them. And we decided that watching a Mickey Mouse movie would not be unwise. Sad thing was, the 4 year old had to show us how to use the DVD Player. It was an interesting affair.

3 minutes later, kids settled, us settled, we spent the next 45 minutes watching Pluto "puto", Figaro "figo", Mickey "mihe" and Minnie. "Minnie." As soon as the movie was done, we told the boys it was time for bed. ON QUEUE, both boys began to bawl. I looked at Erich, and grinned. Now, we'd see the boy in action!

I will tell you, he handled it really well. He talked the 4 year old down, explained to him it was bedtime. He gave him his pull ups, which stopped the bawling instantly. The 4 year old crept into his bed, compliant in big boy undies, and cuddled to the pillow. My charge, the 2 year old, was much easier. As soon as I got his PJ's on, and all, he found his baby plane, and Binky, and was pretty much out like a light.

Afterwards, we munched on Coldstone, and watched Transformers on their probably 60 inch TV. This thing is ridiculously huge. Maria and Aaron came home, so we scooted out so they could enjoy the rest of their evening.

As we drove away, I asked Erich how it went. He decided that having children close together was an unwise thing. He also stated it was a little scary.

But he persevered, and still wants children. So all is well.

That's it for me.

No comments: