Saturday, October 20, 2007

Laziness At Work

Despite efforts to keep my poor, abused eyelids opened, I find myself losing this battle. Hence the post. O.0

Should I be posting at work? Not so much, but I don't think anyone cares enough. We don't take enough calls to occupy us. I believe the IT guys wont mind a few bloggers. If I get fired....well...heh. I guess it'll allow me more excuses to lose weight! Try to keep the bright side.

Okay. So, I'm back from lunch. See, my problem is the insurance for where I work is pretty much "Name-only" Insurance. My definition of that is I-have-insurance-but-it-doesn't-actually-pay-for-anything Insurance. So why would I pay to have insurance I wont ever be able to use? Hence me not having insurance. Fortunately for me, we have clinics, for the financially-impaired. While I have no problem giving money if it means better health, I'm hoping my problem will be fixed CHEAPLY. I have a physical problem. Kinda embarassing, but what the hell, it's my blog.
For the last month or so, I've developed a horrible rash on my underarms. I changed my deodorant twice, nothings working. I debated briefly that it might be my laudry detergent, by I sweat a lot, and no other place on my body is showing the slightest irritation. I think it may be connected to the razors I've been using called "Intuition". But I tried using other razors, and not shaving to see if it would go away...nothing really works. But I fall into the catergory of "cheap-ass." Meaning, unless it's dire, I don't go to the doc. I believe in the home remedies of aspirin and occasional duct tape. It's worked. I briefly considered the ramifications of taping my armpits, but the idea was kinda wierd, so I canned it. And it's mighty unattrative to hug a hot guy with duct tape crinkling. Not really something I like explaining. SO.

I had the extremely awkward honors of being in the lunch room when I called the Clinic (after deliberating at 4:00 in the morning if one could die from the need to itch, and deciding it wouldn't be unnecessary to seek proffesional help). The lady who answered at first tried to tell me they were busy, but I could call back on Monday. I'm like, "Lady, you don't understand. This is URGENT." Hesitation...."how urgent?" I look around the lunch room....no ears. "Lady, I can't move my arms or sleep at night my armpits are so swollen." Silence. "Well, lemme speak to my supervisor, see if we can squeeze you in."
Long moments later, feeling like I was being attacked by fleas, she came back on, cheerfully advising me that I could come in at 1:00 PM, or wait until Monday. Awkward, being as I didn't get off until 2:00. I went to my supervisor, gave a long-suffering look, and explained, delicately, the ramifications of flesh eating diseases. I was awarded my time off. Erich will drive me, as I'm sure no one wants to see my on the free way itching my armpits, and trying to drive at the same time.

So. We'll see if maybe I can get this fixed, (praying, praying) and maybe get something for my crazy mood swings. Although I think with the arm issue being fixed, I might be able to sunny myself up. I think, if God gave me a solution to my pit-y-ful (see the pun...eh? EH?) (elbow) situation, I'd go to church every Sunday. Pretty sure....Although I'd make a clause that states I can miss at least 2 a year....for sleeping or recreational purposes. Ah hem.

That's about all for me. Maybe I'll take pictures of my hideously disfigured pits of doom and post them. So I can gross people out.

CHA!

No comments: